After a two-year hiatus since their 2021 album “Shout It out Loud!”, the Norwegian rock band, Cocktail Slippers, have made a comeback with their new single “Good Love“. The quintet, comprising of vocalist Silje Hope, guitarists Sara Andersson and Stine Bendiksen, bassist Astrid Waller, and drummer Maria Storaas, released the new song on June 30, 2023, under the label Wicked Cool Records.
Penned by the band members themselves, “Good Love” exemplifies the timeless wisdom of The Beatles, while allowing Cocktail Slippers‘ raw dynamism and fervor to shine through. The track was brought to life under the proficient guidance of Michael Scott Hartung and the band.
Matching the rhythm of their comeback, the rockers have filmed a music video for “Good Love” in the picturesque city of Copenhagen. While the video is yet to be released, the anticipation among fans and listeners is palpable.
On their social media, the band expressed, “Check out our newest single GOOD LOVE – released by Wicked Cool Records – recorded in Propeller Music Division by Michael Scott Hartung – produced by The Cocktail Slippers and Mike Hartung – written by Cocktail Slippers. Video filmed in Copenhagen 🇩🇰”.
- Who are the members of the Cocktail Slippers?
- The Cocktail Slippers is a Norwegian rock band consisting of five talented women. The members are Silje Hope on vocals, Sara Andersson and Stine Bendiksen on guitars, Astrid Waller on bass, and Maria Storaas on drums.
- When was their last album released before “Good Love”?
- The Cocktail Slippers’ previous album was released in 2021. The album, titled “Shout It out Loud!”, was well-received by their fans and music critics alike.
- Where was the music video for “Good Love” filmed?
- The music video for the new single “Good Love” was filmed in the beautiful city of Copenhagen, Denmark. The band has shared their excitement for the video’s upcoming release on their social media platforms.
Silje Hope, the lead vocalist of Cocktail Slippers, is a Norway-born artist recognized for her sultry, resonating voice and dynamic stage presence. In 2004, she began her musical journey with the all-woman rock band, and since then, has been an integral part of the group’s success story. Silje, alongside her band members, strives to create music that is both timeless and passionate. Her commitment to the band and musical prowess have been instrumental in shaping Cocktail Slippers’ distinct and appreciated sound.